Last revised August 1, 2018
What Personal Information Mercku Collects
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, or your payment information(“Personal Information”). We collect Personal Information when you voluntarily provide it through our Site, or when you provide it to us through other means. For example, we may collect Personal Information when you:
- Provide us with information on our through our Site or other means, for example by signing up to receive email from us;
- Purchase a Product that we offer for sale;
Contact us through e-mail, telephone, mail, or other correspondence;
- We may automatically collect technical information generated when you use our Product such as:
- The power usage of your Product, its configurations, settings, performance;
- Performance statistics, including network Internet service provider (ISP), network speeds, and other Product data (e.g., CPU, temperature, memory);
- Network bandwidth usage statistics (i.e. the volume of data transferred and the protocol of packets)
- MAC addresses for Devices and connected devices, IP addresses and network SSID; and
- User profile names, firmware data, device hostnames, WiFi channel usage information, types of connected devices, the association of devices with a specific profile, Application clickstreams, and WiFi signals from other WiFi systems in the area.
We refer to this information collectively as ("Device Information”); or
- Otherwise provide us with Personal Information.
The Personal Information we may collect may include your first and last name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address. If you choose to make a purchase, we and/or our service providers may collect your payment and shipping information. We also collect any other Personal Information that you choose to submit to us.
We may also collect analytical and usage data when you visit our Site. Please read the next section for more information on how we collect such data.
How We Collect Information when you Visit our Site
When you visit our Site, we may collect information that is sent to us by your web browser or your internet service provider. This information may include your domain name and your numerical IP address, and, if you visit our Site using a mobile device, an identifier associated with the device you use to access our Site. We may also collect other information (such as the type of browser you use, which pages you view on our Site, what you search for on our Site, how long you spend on our Site, what parts of it you view, and the files you request). We use this information to better understand how visitors use and interact with our Site, and to improve our Site. The amount of information that is sent by your web browser or device depends on the browser and settings you use. Please refer to the instructions provided by your browser or device if you want to learn more about what information it sends, or how you may change or restrict this.
We may use a feature on your browser called a "cookie" and/or other similar devices. Cookies are small files that your web browser places on your computer's or device’s hard drive. They are used for a variety of reasons, such as tracking click streams, and for load balancing. Information tracked through these mechanisms may include, but is not limited to: (i) your IP address; (ii) the type of web browser and operating system being used; and (iii)the pages of the Site you visit. Your browser gives you the option to reject cookies. However, setting your browser to reject cookies generally hinders the browser's performance and will adversely affect your experience while using our Site.
How Mercku Uses and Discloses Personal Information
- Operate our Site in accordance with its terms and conditions;
- We may use Usage Information to help you implement ‘parental controls’ and prevent the use of our Product in viewing certain content based on your settings, and to help diagnose the functioning of the Product if there is an error;
- We use Device Information to allow our Products to function, and to help you if an issue arises and you ask for our support;
- We also use Device Information on an aggregated basis to learn about the use and performance of our Products and help us develop new ones;
- Facilitate, complete or confirm a purchase you choose to make using a Site, including facilitating payment for your purchase;
- To ship your order to your designated shipping address;
- Respond to your questions or inquiries, and to communicate with you regarding our services, including by email and telephone;
- To provide you with assistance using our Product, including through diagnosing performance issues;
- Conduct market research and surveys;
- Conduct promotional activities, including contests;
- Analyze and improve our Products and Sites (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; analyzing our products; performing market research; performing data analytics; improving safety; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- Send you informational or promotional communications that you have agreed to receive;
- Carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent;
- Carry out any other purpose permitted or required by law.
Personal Information collected online may be combined with information you have provided to Mercku through other sources such as over email or the telephone.
If you have provided us with your Personal Information, but later decide you no longer want us to send you any commercial/marketing information from us, you may unsubscribe by using the unsubscribe message in our commercial communications.
We may transfer your Personal Information to third party service providers that assist us with carrying out these purposes. For example, we may use a data processing contractor to host our Site, and we may use a third party payment processor to process payments.
We reserve the right to transfer any Personal Information we have about you in the event that we merge with or are acquired by a third party or should any such transaction be proposed. We may also use, or disclose your Personal Information to third parties, if we have reason to believe that using or disclosing such information is necessary to: (i) conduct investigations of possible breaches of law; (ii) identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating an agreement they have with us; investigate security breaches or cooperate with government authorities pursuant to a legal matter; or (iv) to protect our rights, safety or property.
Lastly, we may disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose to which you Consent.
How we Protect Personal Information
We retain Personal Information that we collect as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or to meet any legal requirements.
Although we have taken measures to help protect our Site, computer systems and any Personal Information that we have collected from unauthorized use, access, disclosure, misuse, alteration or destruction, no security measures can provide absolute protection. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
Some or all of the Personal Information we collect may be stored or processed on servers located outside your jurisdiction of residence, including in the United States and the European Union, whose data protection laws may differ from the jurisdiction in which you live. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions according t o laws in those jurisdictions.
Accessing and Correcting your Information
You have a right to request access to your Personal Information and to request a correction to it if you believe it is inaccurate. If you have submitted Personal Information to Mercku and would like to have access to it, or if you would like to have it corrected, please contact us using the contact information provided below. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request; however, in some cases we may not be able to allow you to access certain Personal Information in certain circumstances, for example if it contains Personal Information of other persons, or for legal reasons. We may require you to verify your identity before allowing you to access your Personal Information.
Children and Parents
Mercku does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children. If a child has already provided us with Personal Information, his or her parent or guardian may contact us for the purpose of deleting this information.
Third Party Links and Content
Changes to this Policy
How to Contact Us
- access Personal Information that you have already provided to us so that you can correct or update it;
- request the deletion of Personal Information regarding your minor child; or
Please advise us by contacting our Privacy Officer by writing to 509 Beaver Creek Rd. Waterloo, Ontario, N2V2L3.